When Apple updated iOS to the iPhone X, it introduced a new format known as HEIC. This is not an easy file type to open on Windows or Android and some users have lost thousands of dollars in images they cannot use due to this limitation. Here’s how you can convert these files so that your customers don’t lose their memories!.
HEIC (High Efficiency Image Codec) is a new image format that Apple introduced in iOS 11. HEIC images are smaller than JPG, but they also take up more space on your device. If you want to use these images without having to delete them and download them again, then there are some ways you can do it.
Image formats have existed for quite some time. They’re a way to save photographs in a certain format. It may be done to either minimize the file size or to provide the highest possible picture quality. If you use an Apple device and transmit a lot of photos, you may have noticed that they aren’t in JPEG format. Apple, on the other hand, established the HEIC picture format. It’s comparable to JPEG photos, however it can only be seen on Apple and macOS devices. You’ll need to convert them to JPEGs in order to see them on Android or Windows devices. On Windows and Android devices, here’s how to convert HEIC images to JPG.
Apple introduced the HEIC standard on iOS 11 back in 2017. If you have an Apple device and wish to convert HEIC photographs to JPEGs on your iPhone or iPad, this article will walk you through all you need to know. All of the main systems now use the same file formats. However, Windows and Android devices are unable to read such file types, which might be an issue at times. This issue has a remedy, and it’s called converting. So continue reading to learn how to convert HEIC pictures to JPEG on Android and Windows devices.
On Windows, How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG
Method 1: If you have a Windows PC and are unable to read or view HEIC photos, try the following steps.
- The first step is to visit the Microsoft Store. Also, make sure you’re logged in with a Microsoft account.
- Go to the search box and type HEIC to JPEG, then press the enter key.
- You’ll come across an app called HEIC to JPEG (Free). Select it by clicking on it.
- You must now click the blue install button to download the program.
- The program is 203.9MB in size and is available for free download.
- After you’ve downloaded the program, open it straight away.
- The screen below will appear, prompting you to drag and drop the HEIC picture file.
- The conversion procedure will begin after you’ve put the picture file into the program.
- When the conversion is finished, it will show that the procedure is finished.
- Simply choose the option to Open Output Folder.
- It will display the image’s JPEG format.
- That is all there is to it. On a Windows device, there is a simple and straightforward technique to convert HEIC photos to JPEG images.
Method 2: Another option for converting HEIC photographs to JPEG is to use Factory Format, a popular file converter program. It is a free program that allows you to convert a variety of picture and audio files to your desired format. Here’s how to get started with the program.
- First and foremost, get the program from this link. It’s completely free and only takes up 99MB of your hard drive.
- Begin the installation procedure after the file has been downloaded. Make careful to deny any more optional program installations that the installer may offer.
- Simply run the software when it has been installed. It will resemble the image below.
- At the bottom of the page, on the left side, select the Pictures option. Select JPG from the drop-down menu, then click Add Files.
- You may look for the HEIC picture you want to convert here.
- Simply click the OK button in the bottom right corner after the file has been uploaded. You will immediately be transported to the main screen of the app.
- Simply click the Start button, which is green in color, on the program’s menu bar to begin the conversion.
- It will show a message after the conversion is complete, and you can also examine the result folder.
- That is all there is to it. On a Windows device, a straightforward and easy approach to convert HEIC photos to JPEG.
On Android, How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG
Even Android does not support the HEIC file format, which is a bit of a pain. Fortunately, there is a technique to convert these photographs to the widely used JPEG format, and it can all be done with just one software. To learn more, follow these steps.
- Go to the Play Store and download the HEIC to JPEG Converter Free app for your Android smartphone. The software is just 4.7MB in size.
- After you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need to give it permission to access your device’s storage.
- Simply touch the Select File button once that’s been done.
- Now, go to the HEIC picture you want to convert and pick it.
- After you’ve chosen your picture, click the convert button. However, there may be one or two advertisements shown.
- You may immediately examine the converted picture once it has been converted by tapping on it.
- And that’s how you can use an Android smartphone to convert HEIC pictures to JPEG.
- That is all there is to it.
On Android and Windows devices, these are the quick and easy methods to convert HEIC photos to JPEG. Some Android devices, such as Honor and Huawei phones, can, nevertheless, show HEIC photographs directly from the Gallery app. This also suggests that Android systems are gradually adopting the new picture file format. We hope this tutorial has shown you how to convert HEIC photos to JPEG.
You may also be interested in: How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG on iPhone.
You may leave a comment below if you have any questions on how to convert HEIC images to JPG on Windows and Android. Also, please tell us whether your Android device can read HEIC photos directly without having to convert them.
More Related Content:
Watch This Video-
The “how to convert heic to jpg on mac” is a guide that will teach you how to convert your HEIC photos into JPG. The tutorial also includes step-by-step instructions on how to do this on Windows and Android.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert HEIC files to JPEG Android?
A: You can use a third party app like https://f-droid.org/packages/com.android.gallery2, which is based on Googles own FileTransport API and the open source libgdx library to convert HEIC files to JPEG Android with ease
How do I convert HEIC to jpg windows?
A: One way to do this would be to convert the HEIC files using a program like photoshop.
The other option is to use third-party software that can perform such conversions, which is available for purchase on most online stores.
How do I convert all my HEIC photos to JPG?
A: Open the file in photoshop and go to File -> Export. Make sure you have a quality of 100% when exporting as well as make sure your export area is set to JPG.
- convert heic to jpg android
- how to convert heic to jpg windows 10
- how to convert heic to jpg on windows without software
- heic to jpg converter download
- how to open heic file on windows 10