There are a lot of reasons to want to delete apps on your Mac. Some apps and their related files can take up a lot of space, while other applications may be outdated or holding out for an update that has been long overdue. There’s no shortage of ways you can remove the offending app from your hard drive without having to reformat it first.,
The “how to delete apps on mac that won’t delete” is a problem that many Mac users have faced. This article will show you how to delete apps on your Mac.
There are a few techniques you may use to erase a software from your Mac computer, whether you want to create place for additional storage on your Mac or just want to know how to uninstall an app. Fortunately, each technique for uninstalling programs is straightforward and fast.
To remove an app on a Mac, go to the Launchpad icon (the gray circle with a rocket in it), click and hold on the program until it shakes, and then hit the “X” button in the app’s corner to uninstall it. Users may also select the undesirable app and drag it to the trash icon.
Although the Launchpad approach is the easiest and fastest way to remove an app, there are additional options for getting rid of programs you don’t need or want. Continue reading to learn about additional methods for removing programs from your Mac.
Using the Launchpad to Remove Apps
The most easy way to get rid of undesirable applications is to use the Launchpad. The Launchpad approach may be used in a number different ways.
- The Launchpad symbol, which is a gray circle with a darker gray rocket ship in the middle, is the first thing you’ll want to do. This icon may be seen on your dock or in your programs folder. (Alternatively, the Launchpad might resemble a square with smaller, multicolored squares within.) All of your applications will appear on your screen when you click on that button.
- After that, you’ll need to find the program you want to delete. You can either press and hold the option key (between the control and command keys on the bottom left of your keypad) to select the app you want to uninstall, or you can simply press and hold the option key (between the control and command keys on the bottom left of your keypad) to select the app you want to uninstall.
- After you’ve selected an app and it begins to shake, hit the “X” button in the upper right corner of the app icon. You may note, however, that not all of the applications have the “X” next to them. This is either because you didn’t download the software from the App Store or because your Mac requires this particular app, which you can’t remove (link). If the app has a “X” on it, click it to remove it.
- If you wish to remove the program or cancel the activity, a pop-up will appear. To get rid of the app, press delete.
You may just go to the Launchpad icon and drag the program to the trash bin, which is normally situated on the right side of your dock, rather than using the option key or clicking and holding the app. You’ll be asked whether you want to remove the app or cancel the action in the same pop-up. To remove the program, choose Delete.
Using the Finder to Remove Apps
Clicking on the Finder app, which has a blue and white square icon with a small happy face on it, is another option to uninstall programs.
- After you’ve opened the Finder app, search for the program you wish to uninstall using the search box.
- There are two options when you’ve found the app. You may either drag the program to the trash bin from the Finder or right-click it to bring up a drop-down choice. Select “Move to Trash” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the garbage bin and hit “Empty Trash” in the upper right area under the search bar after the app has been relocated to the trash bin.
- In rare circumstances, you may be required to input the admin’s login and password in order to uninstall applications. To totally remove the undesirable software, just enter in the administrator’s username and password.
If you want a clearer picture of how to delete programs using the Launchpad and Finder ways, watch the video below.
Getting Rid of Apps in the Mac Dock
The fourth option is to just look for the app on your dock or at the bottom of the screen (unless you have moved it onto another side of your screen). Once you’ve found the app you want to remove, just drag it away from the dock until “Remove” appears.
Keep in mind that deleting an app from your dock will simply remove the icon rather than completely removing the program. You may always remove the program altogether in Finder or Launchpad by following the instructions in the previous sections.
Is it true that deleting apps will remove all data?
If you decide to remove a program from your Mac, keep in mind that some bigger applications may leave data behind. This may be aggravating if you’re trying to free up space on your computer by removing the software in the first place. You must find the program in the Home/Library/Preferences directories to entirely erase all data and files from your deleted applications.
Although you won’t be able to utilize these files without the related program, they will still take up space on your Mac. Once you’ve found these files, right-click them and choose “Drag to Trash,” or manually move them to the trash, then empty it.
Getting Deleted Apps Back
If you mistakenly removed the incorrect program, there is a technique to restore it so that it may be installed again on your Mac. First and foremost, check whether you haven’t already emptied the trash can. If you haven’t already done so, right-click on the app you wish to remove and a menu will display. Simply hit “Put Back” on that option, and the software will be reinstalled on your computer.
However, you may have entirely emptied the trash, implying that the app was permanently uninstalled. This isn’t an issue. You will just return to the app store and download the app once again.
If you downloaded an app that wasn’t from the app store, you’ll need to go back to the same place where you got it.
Watch This Video-
The “how to delete apps on mac that won’t delete from launchpad” is a question that has been asked by many people. There are multiple ways to delete apps on Mac. Here are the steps for deleting apps from Launchpad.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I delete an app from my Mac that wont delete?
A: To delete an app on your Mac, you can go to the Applications folder and drag-and-drop it into the trash. You should be able to find it at “/Applications”.
How do I completely delete an app from my Macbook?
A: Delete the app from your Library.
- completely uninstall application mac
- completely uninstall application mac terminal
- how to delete apps on macbook air
- how to uninstall hidden apps on mac
- how to uninstall on mac