The popular racing game Asphalt 8 is not working on Windows 10, instead of crashing or displaying errors the title just loads to a black screen. This problem has been replicated with many other users who have upgraded from Windows 8 and 7 PC’s to Windows 10 and are now unable to play the game.ar
The “asphalt 8 not working after update 2020” is a problem that many people are having. This article will help you fix the issue.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
Updated on November 23, 2021.
Originally published in November 2017
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Asphalt 8: Airborne is a worldwide smash hit racing game that has captured millions of gamers. However, the game does not work smoothly with Windows 10, since some gamers report problems upon opening.
As a result, some Asphalt 8 fans have discovered that the game app does not always work. If Asphalt 8 isn’t functioning for you with Windows 10, here are a few possible remedies.
How can I repair Asphalt 8?
1. Run the Troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps.
First, use the Windows Store App Troubleshooter to solve Asphalt 8. This is a troubleshooter that can fix applications that aren’t operating properly. This is how you access the Windows 10 app troubleshooter.
- By tapping the Cortana button on the taskbar, you may access the Cortana app.
- In the search box, type the phrase ‘troubleshoot.’
- To access the Troubleshoot window, click Troubleshoot.
- Press the Run the troubleshooter button after selecting the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- To proceed through the troubleshooter’s proposed resolutions, press the Next button.
2. Install the latest Windows drivers
Antiquated device drivers may cause crashes in Asphalt 8. The graphics card driver, on the other hand, is perhaps the most important for 3D gaming programs. This is how you update a graphics card driver manually.
- To open Run, use the Win key + R.
- Press the Return key after typing ‘dxdiag’ into the Run text box.
- On the System and Display tabs of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, write down the information of your operating system and graphics card.
- Now go to the website of the graphic card manufacturer.
- Open the site’s driver download area, which may have a search box or drop-down selections. If it has one, type in your graphics card’s model number to get drivers for it.
- If a more recent version of a driver for your graphics card is available, choose to download it.
- By hitting the Win key + X hotkey, go to the Win + X menu and pick Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, double-click Display adapters.
- Select Update driver from the context menu of your listed graphics card.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software from the drop-down menu.
- Select the folder where you stored the update driver by clicking the Browse option.
- When you’ve found the folder you want, press the Next button.
- When Windows asks you to restart it, do so.
2.1 Drivers are updated automatically
Updating drivers manually is a complex task that may result in lasting harm to your computer if the incorrect driver versions are installed. We recommend automating the process by enlisting the help of a skilled third party.
All you have to do is choose the drivers you want to update and the automatic program will take care of the rest.
3. Turn off the Cloud and Real-Time Protection features in Windows Defender.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Some Asphalt users have reported that turning off Windows Defender’s Cloud and Real-time protection options cured the game’s issues. If you haven’t installed any third-party anti-virus software on Windows, this might be a viable solution. These settings may be changed as follows.
- Click the Settings app icon after pressing the Start button.
- To open the pane right below, choose Updates & security.
- Then, to access Windows Defender’s settings, click it.
- If you have Windows Defender set on, you may choose between Cloud and Real-time protection. Toggle off Real-time protection by clicking the Real-time protection setting.
- Toggle off Cloud-based Protection by clicking the Cloud-based Protection option.
4. Restart the Asphalt 8 application.
Apps that aren’t functioning may be fixed by resetting them. You may use the Reset option on Windows 10 to re-register the Asphalt 8 app. You may reinstall Asphalt 8 by following the steps below.
- Start Cortana and type ‘apps’ into the search box.
- To view the app list in the screenshot immediately below, choose Apps & Features.
- In the search box, type ‘asphalt 8’.
- To use the Reset button, choose Asphalt 8: Airborne and then Advanced settings.
- Then hit the Reset button to start again.
- A message will appear informing you that resetting the app would remove all of its data. To re-register the Asphalt 8 app, click Reset once again.
5. Make sure Windows is up to date.
Windows updates may fix a variety of problems as well as update various system drivers. Asphalt 8 also doesn’t function in some of the older releases, according to several gamers. As a result, the most recent Windows updates may be able to repair Asphalt 8.
As a result, ensure that the Windows Update service is switched on. You may also check for updates manually, as seen below.
- In Cortana’s search bar, type ‘updates.’
- To open the window right below, choose Check for updates.
- Then hit the Updates button to see if there are any new updates.
- If there are any Windows updates available, click the Download button.
6. Use System Restore to undo Windows updates.
This may seem to contradict the prior resolve of upgrading Windows, however some gamers have discovered that following an update, Asphalt 8 stops operating.
If your game has stopped operating after a recent update, try using the System Restore utility. Updates that do not predate the specified restore point will be removed by System Restore. This is how you can use System Restore to undo Windows updates.
- To open the window below, type ‘rstrui’ into Run and hit OK.
- To see a list of restoration points, press the Next button.
- It’s possible that some of the restoration points mentioned there are Windows updates. Choose a restore point that is older than the most recent upgrade.
- You may also click the Scan for Affected Programs option, which will provide a list of all the applications that the restore point would delete, as seen in the screenshot below. Third-party applications and updates added after the restoration point will be removed by System Restore.
- To roll back Windows, press the Next button and then Finish.
7. Install Asphalt 8 again.
Asphalt may be reinstalled to correct damaged or missing game files. However, since you’ll lose your game data as a result of this repair, it should only be used as a last option. You may reinstall Asphalt 8 in this manner.
- In Cortana’s search bar, type the term ‘apps.’
- To open the pane right below, choose Apps & Features.
- On the applications list, choose Asphalt 8: Airborne and select the Uninstall option.
- To delete the program, click Uninstall once more.
- After that, go to this website and click the Get the game option to reinstall Asphalt 8 on Windows 10.
These are a few tweaks that should get Asphalt Airborne working with Windows 10. Note that you may also use an Android emulator to run the Asphalt 8 app. For more information on how to fix game crashes on Windows, see this page.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 452
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
“Asphalt 8 local wifi not working windows 10” is a problem that many people have been having. The solution to the problem is to change your settings on Asphalt 8 so that it can work properly in Windows 10. Reference: asphalt 8 local wifi not working windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix errors in Asphalt 8?
A: To fix a game error, you will need to restart the app.
How can I reset my asphalt 8?
A: To reset your asphalt 8, simply hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Is Asphalt 8 discontinued?
A: Asphalt 8 is still being released, but the developer announced that it will be shutting down servers on May 31.
- asphalt 8 ads not working
- asphalt 8 lagging on windows 10
- asphalt 8 not downloading data
- asphalt 8 update problem
- asphalt 8 crashes after gameloft logo windows 10