The software is installed on the TV. It will then show up when you turn your device into that Google-powered smart TV or set top box, and it’ll take control of playback for all apps in one easy step.
The “android tv launcher apk 2021” is a new update for the Google TV Launcher app that has been released. The update includes a new home screen and an updated interface.
Before the official launch, we’ll go through how to install Google TV launcher on any Android TV in this post. Because sideloading the apk will not function, this might be difficult. The default/stock Android TV launcher is to blame for this.
Please read the following text carefully since we will be using several approaches that are unfamiliar to many consumers. However, if you follow the instructions outlined below, you will almost certainly avoid any problems.
Google TV Launcher Information
“Google TV Home is the foundation for all activities on your Google TV entertainment device,” according to the Play Store listing. Without having to switch applications, you can access hundreds of movies, series, and live TV channels from your subscriptions. Discover new shows to watch depending on what you like to watch and what interests you.”
TechLatest is not liable for any data loss or errors that occur as a result of using this website. Proceed cautiously.
How to Set Up Google TV Launcher
We’ll start by downloading and sideloading the apk to our Android TV.
- App for Android TV by Google (Version 188.8.131.521218010 or above)
- APK for Google TV (Also called LauncherX)
- Explorer of the Solid
- Sending a File to the Television
- Both apks may be downloaded from the URLs above.
- Now we’ll install a file explorer on our TV so we can see all of those files (we recommend Solid Explorer)
- Then, on the Android TV, copy the apk. To do so, you may utilize any approach. You may use any thumb drive to achieve this, however we prefer to utilize the ‘Send File to TV’ app.
- Now we need to deactivate the security that prevents you from installing/sideloading apks from sources other than the Play Store. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- From your current home screen, choose the gear icon.
- Then enter Device Preferences by scrolling down.
- Go to Security & Restrictions, then Unknown Sources, and then OK.
- Finally, move the right-hand slider at the top of Solid Explorer to the right.
- Return to the home page and launch Solid Explorer.
- Locate those apks after launching Solid Explorer.
- Install them one by one by clicking on them.
- Return to the home page and open the Play Store. ,
- And then look for and install Home Screen Launcher for Android TV.
- After you’ve completed the installation, press the Home button on your remote; the TV will identify a new launcher named LauncherX, which is none other than the Google TV launcher.
- When you open it, you’ll see the all-new Google TV operating on your Android TV.
Set Google TV Launcher as the default launcher on your device.
However, it will function as a third-party launcher, requiring you to enter the Home app each time you want to use the new Google TV Launcher. There is no option to make it the default launcher, which is what we see on an Android smartphone. As a result, we’ll deactivate the default Android TV launcher and replace it with the new Google TV launcher.
- Open your Android TV’s Device Preferences.
- Then, under the About section, click to Build Version.
- Now keep pressing it until Developer Options appear.
- Return to the Device Preferences menu and choose Developer Options after activating.
- Enable USB debugging as well as network debugging now.
- Return to the About area and choose Status to get the IP address.
Return to your computer; we’ll use ADB to connect your Android TV to your computer.
Installing ADB on our PC/Laptop
The procedure is a bit complicated, but those who are acquainted with ADB will be able to do it quickly.
Because most people are unfamiliar with ADB these days, we’ll start by installing it on our machine (desktop or laptop).
- “Platform-tools” may be downloaded here (ADB and Fastboot drivers).
- The downloaded file must be extracted. (keep the route in mind; we’ll need it later)
- There is a subdirectory called “platform-tools” that contains programs like adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
- Now run cmd as an administrator.
- Copy the extracted folder’s path, i.e. platform-tools.
- Copy it and paste it into a command window with cd in front of it, as seen below:
Another method to open the cmd with the precise path is to use another technique.
- Open the ‘platform-tools’ folder in our instance.
- The route will be shown in the navigation bar.
- Remove the route from the navigation bar by clicking on it.
- Finally, in that bar, type ‘cmd’ and hit enter.
- Within the same directory, a command prompt will appear.
- Now enter the command below. It’s possible that you’ll need to add “:5555” to get this to function.
connect adb [enter your IP address here]
- Then, to deactivate the default Android TV launcher, use the code below.
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.google.android.tvlauncher com.google.android.tvlauncher com.google.android.tvlauncher com.google
That was all there was to it. You have completed all of the steps necessary to properly install Google TV launcher on your Android TV.
If you wish to use the old launcher again, use the following command:
install-existing com.google.android.tvlauncher adb shell cmd
In every country, you may use Google TV Launcher.
Initially, Google TV was only available in the United States, therefore users in countries such as India may not be able to fully use the launcher. You won’t receive customized cards or smart suggestions on the home page, and there will be a few problems.
So, in order to utilize the launcher correctly, we’ll need to employ a VPN service to virtually alter our location to the United States. Keep in mind that you’ll obtain both local and US-centric results with this configuration. You can accomplish this with both a free and a premium VPN; here are a few suggestions to consider:
- VPN by Windscribe (Free & Paid)
- VPN Proton (Free & Paid)
- Hide.me VPN (Virtual Private Network) (Free & Paid)
- NordVPN is a virtual private network (VP (Paid)
- SurfShark VPN is a virtual private network (VPN) that (Paid)
- VPN Express is a service that allows you to connect (Paid)
- CyberGhost VPN (Virtual Private Network) (Paid)
However, if the new-generation Chromecast is accessible in your region, you won’t need a VPN to utilize the Google TV Launcher.
The “how to install google tv on android tv box” is a tutorial that will show you how to install the Google TV Launcher on any Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Android TV be upgraded to Google TV?
A: No, Google does not allow users to upgrade their Android TV to a Google TV.
How do I get Google TV on my TV?
A: If you have a Google TV, you would need to get an HDMI adapter. There are several different options available from Amazon that vary in price and quality.
How do I get Google on my Android TV?
A: The most straightforward way to get Google on your Android TV is by downloading the Play Store application that comes pre-installed with it. You can also download any of our many free applications or games from here, too!
- android tv launcher apk 2020
- new android tv launcher
- google tv launcher on android tv apk download
- google tv launcher unable to load home
- google tv launcher mi box